- ARTICLE I – NAME
- ARTICLE II – OBJECTIVES
- ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
- ARTICLE IV – GOVERNMENT
- ARTICLE V – MEETINGS
- ARTICLE VI – OFFICERS
- ARTICLE VII – COMMITTEES
- ARTICLE VIII – NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
- ARTICLE IX – CAGD REPRESENTATIVE AND ALTERNATE
- ARTICLE X – PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
- ARTICLE XI – AMENDMENTS
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of this organization shall be CENTRAL ARIZONA GOLF DISTRICT, hereinafter referred to as CAGD, a non-profit organization.
ARTICLE II – OBJECTIVES
SECTION 1: To promote the interest of golf among women of the CAGD.
SECTION 2: To organize, arrange and conduct golf activities of the CAGD.
SECTION 3: To assist, upon request, the Club Associations of the CAGD.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
SECTION 1: MEMBERSHIP
- Club Associations: Membership shall be limited to women’s golf associations which maintain a USGA recognized handicap system through the AWGA for its members.
- Individual: Membership shall be limited to individuals who maintain a valid handicap index thru the AWGA and are over the age of eighteen (18).
SECTION 2: DUES
- The annual Club Association membership in the CAGD is without charge.
- The annual individual member dues shall be an amount set by the Executive Committee.
- The CAGD Representative will send a membership list accompanied by one check to cover dues to the Membership Chair.
- The CAGD Representative shall send dues of new members after January to the Membership Chair in one check on a monthly basis.
ARTICLE IV – GOVERNMENT
SECTION 1: The CAGD shall be governed by these Bylaws, Standing Rules, Guidelines and Procedures.
SECTION 2: The CAGD Board of Directors, hereinafter referred to as the Board, shall consist of one Representative and/or Alternate from each member club.
SECTION 3: The Executive Committee shall consist of the elected Officers, the Tournament Director, the Sites Chair, and the Immediate Past President.
SECTION 4: The Executive Committee shall have the power to transact business between meetings of the Board.
SECTION 5: The Executive Committee shall adopt Standing Rules for the CAGD.
ARTICLE V – MEETINGS
SECTION 1: One meeting of the Board shall be held at a time and place to be determined by the President, upon fifteen (15) days’ notice to each CAGD Representative.
SECTION 2: The Annual Board Meeting shall be for the purpose of installing officers, receiving reports of the officers and committees and for any other business which may arise.
SECTION 3: Special meetings may be called by the President, ten (10) members of the Board, or upon request of one tenth (1/10) of the membership. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated in the call. (Except in the case of an emergency, at least three days (3) shall be given.)
SECTION 4: A majority of the Board in attendance or by email response shall constitute a quorum.
SECTION 5: Special and emergency matters may be voted on by email or mail and shall require a majority vote for adoption. This action shall be recorded in the minutes of the next Board meeting.
SECTION 6: Any individual member may attend the Board meeting as an observer.
ARTICLE VI – OFFICERS
SECTION 1: The elected Officers of the organization shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Chair.
SECTION 2: Newly elected officers shall assume office at the beginning of the fiscal year and shall serve for a term of two (2) years or until the successors are elected, and may be elected to the office for an additional term. No member shall hold more than one (1) office at a time, and no officer shall be eligible to serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office.
SECTION 3: In case of a vacancy in an elected office, except the Presidency, the remaining officers shall, by majority vote, elect a successor to hold office until the next regular election.
SECTION 4: The officers shall perform the duties prescribed by the Bylaws and by parliamentarian authority adopted by this organization. They shall deliver to their successors, all materials pertaining to their office, and be available to assist their successors in the proper assumption of their duties.
- The President shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the Board and of the Executive Committee.
- Call meetings of the Board and of the Executive Committee.
- Prepare, with the assistance of the Executive Committee, an annual budget for Board approval.
- Be an ex officio member of all committees.
- Appoint the chairs of the Standing Committees, and may appoint any special committee deemed necessary.
- The Vice President shall:
- Assume the duties of the President in her absence, and the Presidency in case of resignation, disability, or the death of the President.
- Assist the President in her duties, upon request, and perform such Executive Committee approved duties as may be assigned.
- The Secretary shall:
- Record and keep in her custody, the minutes of all meetings of the Board and of the Executive Committee.
- Attend to all correspondence of the CAGD as prescribed by the President, as well as other duties assigned by the President or Executive Committee.
- Prepare minutes of each meeting for all members of the Board and Executive Committee per Guidelines and Procedures.
- Send a list of all CAGD officers to the AWGA office as required.
- The Treasurer shall:
- Keep full and accurate accounts of all monies received, and shall deposit these in the name and credit of the CAGD in depositories approved by the Executive Committee.
- Disburse funds in accordance with the budget, or pursuant to an appropriation especially made by the Board or Executive Committee, and keep an account of all expenditures.
- Present a financial statement at each meeting of the Board and Executive Committee.
- Present a written report of all receipts and disbursements during the fiscal year to date at the Annual Board Meeting.
- Present the books of the CAGD for an audit after the installation of a new treasurer.
- Prepare a budget worksheet that includes the current budget, expenditures and a space for the proposed budget.
- Membership Chair shall:
- Keep a complete file of the CAGD membership and update it regularly. Send all information to the President, Treasurer, Tournament Chair, and Blind Draw
- Chair on a regular basis.
- Maintain a complete list of Member Clubs’ Representatives, their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. Send this information to all Executive Committee members.
ARTICLE VII – COMMITTEES
SECTION 1: STANDING COMMITTEES AND DUTIES
- The Tournament Committee shall be responsible for the planning and conducting all competitions of the CAGD except Intra-District Blind Draw events.
- The Intra-District Blind Draw Committee shall conduct Blind Draw events according to a format approved by the Executive Committee.
- The Sites Committee shall work with the Tournament Committee to locate and contract CAGD future tournament sites.
SECTION 2: SPECIAL COMMITTEES
- Special committees may be appointed by the President as deemed necessary.
ARTICLE VIII – NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
SECTION 1: NOMINATIONS
- At the first meeting of the fiscal year, the President shall appoint the Immediate Past President as Nominating Chair.
- If the Immediate Past President is unable to serve, the President shall appoint another member of the CAGD to serve in her place.
- The Nominating Chair report shall be submitted to the Board preceding the Annual Board Meeting.
- Nominations may be made by email with prior written consent of the nominee.
SECTION 2: ELECTIONS
- The Board shall elect the officers by email before the Annual Board Meeting. The election of the President and Membership Chair shall be conducted on odd years and the election of Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be conducted on even years.
- The election shall take place by email ballot. A majority of the votes cast shall constitute an election.
- The officers shall be installed at the Annual Board Meeting and shall take office on January 1st.
ARTICLE IX – CAGD REPRESENTATIVE AND ALTERNATE
SECTION 1: The Board Representative of the member club shall:
- Represent her Club Association in the CAGD by attending the Annual Board Meeting or advising her Alternate to attend if she is unable to do so.
- Collect dues for the individual memberships and send these to the Membership Chair along with the required information beginning January 1st, and during the year for any new members on a monthly basis.
- Post tournament announcements with entry forms at her home club.
- Schedule and conduct Intra-District Blind Draw competitions at her home club and send required information to the Blind Draw Chair.
- Keep her club membership informed of CAGD policies and projects.
- Keep her Alternate informed so the Alternate will be qualified to act in her absence at the Annual Board Meeting or at her home club.
SECTION 2: The Alternate Representative shall:
- Attend the Annual Board Meeting of the CAGD Board.
- Act as the Representative (with vote) in the event the CAGD Representative is absent.
- Be informed regarding the operation and functions of the Board, the duties of the Representative, and assist the Representative in her duties.
ARTICLE X – PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules contained in the current edition of “Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised” shall govern this organization in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these Bylaws and special rule of order the organization may adopt.
ARTICLE XI – AMENDMENTS
The Bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Board via email response.
On January 12, 2018, the Executive Committee recommended the amended Bylaws be sent to the Board for approval. The Board approved the amended Bylaws on January 25, 2018.
Individual annual membership dues in the amount of $8.00 shall be paid through the CAGD Representative of the member club, and shall be sent to the CAGD Membership Chair prior to the end of the fiscal year.
When membership is requested by a non-represented individual, the annual dues shall be sent directly to the CAGD Membership Chair.
A reserve fund of $1500.00 shall be maintained to ensure operating funds for the incoming board.
All CAGD competitions shall be conducted in accordance with the USGA Rules of Golf and such Local Rules and conditions as are published for each individual tournament.
The Standing Rules may be amended:
- By a majority vote of the Executive Committee at any meeting, provided notice of the proposed action has been given at a previous meeting.
- By a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Executive Committee at any meeting without previous notice of the proposed amendment.
Standing Rules Amended on September 12, 2016.